Avocat at the Paris Bar since 1980
- Direct line: + 33 1 53 45 97 01
- Fax: + 33 1 40 15 01 08
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-founder and senior partner of the Teynier Pic law firm, Eric Teynier is a recognized expert in litigation and arbitration in both the commercial and investment domains.
He has more than 30 years of experience in civil and commercial litigation and domestic and international arbitration as counsel, whether before the main institutional arbitration centres (ICC, ICSID, AAA, AFA, OHADA, CRCICA and CMAP) or before ad hoc arbitration tribunals.
Eric Teynier has also regularly been appointed as arbitrator before these same institutions or in the context of ad hoc arbitration procedures.
Eric Teynier is a member of the editorial committee of Cahiers de l’arbitrage / The Paris Journal of International Arbitration and is co-director of its regular investment and arbitration feature “Investissements internationaux et arbitrage”. He takes part in numerous studies and think tanks in the field of arbitration, such as the ICC studies of the “cost of arbitration”, and the working group of the CFA on “transparency in arbitration relating to investment”.
He previously worked at Bredin Prat, Sherman & Sterling and EY Law, where he was responsible for the Litigation & Arbitration department.
“When we created Teynier Pic in 2004, the number of boutique law firms dedicated to arbitration could be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Over the years, our spirit of enterprise and our sensitivity to the needs of our clients have given us a foothold in this field, which is dominated by the international law firms.
The personal implication of our firm’s partners and our responsiveness, close coordination with the teams of our clients and the particular emphasis placed on the strategic dimension of the cases constitute our trademark.”
- Founding partner, Teynier Pic (since 2004)
- Partner, head of Litigation & Arbitration department, EY Law (2000-2004)
- Associate and then European Counsel, Shearman & Sterling (1989-2000)
- Associate, Bredin Prat (1987-1989)
- Paris Bar admission
- Diplôme d’études approfondies (DEA) in labour law, Paris X University
- Master in private law, Paris X University
- Lecturer in international arbitration law at Paris West University Nanterre La Défense (Master 2 in Business Litigation)
- Member, International Arbitration Institute (IAI)
- Member, Comité Français de l’Arbitrage (CFA)
- Member, Association Suisse d’Arbitrage (ASA)
- Member, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Member, branche française de l’Association de Droit International (ILA)