Avocat at the Paris Bar since 2006
- Direct line: + 33 1 53 45 97 67
- Fax: + 33 1 40 15 01 08
- E-mail: email@example.com
Shaparak is an expert in commercial litigation and international commercial arbitration, and has practised in these areas for more than twelve years. She has advised numerous European and American oil companies in arbitration proceedings against a North African State-owned oil and gas company, and has represented major companies in the aeronautics, space, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and construction industries both before arbitral tribunals and state courts. Shaparak has broad experience in post-arbitration litigation before French courts, having represented clients in some twenty setting-aside proceedings. She was also involved in proceedings enforcement of numerous awards against sovereign States, most notably in the Yukos case.
“I am delighted to join Teynier Pic, the very first French boutique firm dedicated to dispute resolution. I am confident that this is a perfect fit, given our common background in French and international disputes. I look forward to working alongside colleagues who cultivate excellence and rigour in a collegial work environment.”
- Partner, Teynier Pic (since June 2018)
- Associate then Counsel, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (2005 – 2018)
- Postgraduate Degree in Private Law, Paris I – Panthéon-Assas, 2005
- Postgraduate Degree in International Private Law, Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2004
- Master in French and Anglo-American law, Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2002
- LLB French law and English law, King’s College London, 2000
French, English, Italian, Persian
- For the last ten years, Shaparak has been a lecturer in international arbitration, speaking at a number of prominent universities, such as Sciences Po Paris and Panthéon-Assas, as well as at the Ecole de Formation Professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d’Appel de Paris.
- Since 2017, Shaparak is listed amongst the Who’s Who Legal Future Leaders in international arbitration.